We believe that privacy is fundamental to a well-functioning society because it allows norms, ethics, and laws to be safely discussed and challenged. We're now expanding to scale up our efforts in reclaiming the right to privacy, and we want your help!
You will be part of the app development team. The app team is responsible for developing the app on Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and macOS. Your primary focus will be working with TypeScript and React to bring new features to our desktop app. Our app and everything our team works on is open source and available on GitHub.
The job allows a lot of flexibility around working hours and locations. This means you are allowed to work remotely up to 50% of your working hours. But our offices are great too!
Day to day work on the desktop app includes working with technologies such as:
- Implementing new views and features using TypeScript, React and Styled Components.
- Interact with OS features through the Electron APIs, such as tray icon, autostart functionality, respecting system preferences and persist settings on disk.
- Utilize IPC within Electron and perform RPC calls to communicate with the app's system service.
- Work closely with the rest of the app team, both developers and designers.
- Developing products with a high focus on security. Both in terms of what the code does, but also in the development process. This includes supply chain security, code signing and more.
- Contribute to upstream open source projects.
At Mullvad we encourage developing and exploring new skills, so you will have the opportunity to learn/work with Rust, Kotlin, TypeScript, and more to improve the app on other platforms if you wish.
We value quality over quantity and believe in good solutions rather than quick fixes. We also believe in the value of collaborating as a team and therefore value everyone’s opinions and ideas. It is important to us that everyone feels like a part of the team and enjoys coming to work. This is why we have company-wide free lunch every Tuesday, ice cream breaks, and after work activities.
You like to work and collaborate in a team and you bring your own ideas to the table! We believe that privacy is a universal right and we hope that you also have a curious mind for software security and privacy.
Our 5 wishes
- Skilled and experienced with TypeScript.
- 3+ years of professional experience with web technologies, preferably React or other similar UI framework.
- Experienced with CSS and has a good understanding of how rules interact.
- The team consists of people from various countries and backgrounds. You are therefore expected to have good communication skills in English.
- It's a plus if you're interested in or have experience with networking and/or security.
Our process consists of three separate interviews:
- A meet & greet with two to three team members to get a basic understanding of who you are and your knowledge, and for you to get a basic understanding of us and how we work.
- This is followed by a techical interview.
- Last part is a conversation with our CEO and then contract signing.
Every now and then we accomplish something that we feel is worth blogging about. Here are some examples of blog posts related to this role: