We believe that privacy is fundamental to a well-functioning society because it allows norms, ethics, and laws to be safely discussed and challenged. We're now expanding to scale up our efforts in reclaiming the right to privacy, and we want your help!
You will be part of the app team. The app team is responsible for designing and implementing the app on Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and macOS. As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will play a crucial role in a small team that works closely with our users and stakeholders in shaping the user experience of our privacy-focused VPN applications.
The job allows a lot of flexibility around working hours and locations. This means you are allowed to work remotely up to 50% of your working hours. But our offices are great too!
Day to day work in the design team includes:
- Collaborate with different teams to understand user needs and business requirements.
- Design intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces for our VPN applications.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and mockups using tools such as Figma or Adobe XD.
- Conduct user research and gather feedback to iterate and improve designs.
At Mullvad we encourage development, so you will have the opportunity to explore new skills and techniques.
We value quality over quantity and believe in good solutions rather than quick fixes. We also believe in the value of collaborating as a team and therefore value everyone’s opinions and ideas. It is important to us that everyone feels like a part of the team and enjoys coming to work. This is why we have company-wide free lunch every Tuesday, ice cream breaks, and after work activities.
You like to work and collaborate in a team and you bring your own ideas to the table! We believe that privacy is a universal right and we hope that you also have a curious mind for secure and privacy oriented solutions.
Our 4 wishes
- 3+ years of professional experience with UX/UI design.
- Experience with designing for digital solutions.
- Experience with collaborating with other designers and developers.
- The team consists of people from various countries and backgrounds. You are therefore expected to have good communication skills in English.
If you have a portfolio or similar you are welcome to attach it to your application!
Our recruiting process includes:
- A meet & greet with two to three team members to get a basic understanding of who you are and your knowledge, and for you to get a basic understanding of us and how we work.
- A design interview.
- A conversation with our CEO and then contract signing.
Every now and then we accomplish something that we feel is worth blogging about. Here are some examples of blog posts related to this role: